Dress to Impress

Dress to Impress

Whether you are a fresh graduate and just getting started on your job hunt or a seasoned professional, interviews are stressful, you have done your homework found out about the ethos of the company and now your stood in front of your wardrobe and thinking ‘what am I going to wear’.

According to Forbes 80% of job candidates dress the part in their interviews, while the other 20% don’t.  That means about 20% can lose the job before they have even uttered on word!  Another astounding fact is that first impressions are made within 30 seconds of job interviews.  If you have a button missing or egg down your front, you may as well not bother turning up.

First impressions are enormously important and communicates your confidence and credibility.  Prospective employers will need to see that you will be an appropriate ambassador for their company ethos, brand and customers.

So where do you start…

First and foremost research!  Check out the company’s culture and expectations.  Do they have formal traditional dress code ‘suited and booted’ or do they adopt a more casual approach which is a little less formal but still smart?

Study the brand of the company, how is it reflected on their website and social media channels?  Read some of their blogs, what tone do they adopt.

You need to reinforce your capacity to perform the job you are interviewing for.  Don’t wait until you are pressed for time and have to make a hasty decision.

Overall, dressing professionally is the way to go.  Showing respect for the company, interviewer and yourself is vital to a successful interview.

Dress to Impress, interview attire, what to wear for an interview. Property Recruitment, Estate Agency Jobs