We are looking for an experienced Head of Business Development to oversee and support our Business Development team.
The Head of Business Development will monitor sales metrics and manage the business development process globally. They will collaborate with various parts of the organisation, so it’s essential that they have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable working in a team environment. They should also be able to lead and motivate the sales team to achieve specific goals.
Ultimately, the Head of Business Development should be able to build a high-performance sales team to ensure customer satisfaction.
Salary: £75,000 - £80,000 base + £150,000 OTE
- Work with the Chief Revenue Officer to determine strategic direction for the Business Development team, setting and monitoring appropriate targets and OKRs
- Implement a framework for continuous improvements in the business development process
- Coordinate department projects in line with strategic business objectives
- Report on sales metrics, suggesting improvements where needed
- Prepare comprehensive monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts
- Work with Marketing to get the best value from customer feedback, using this information to develop new features or products and to increase customer engagement
- Ensure full compliance with the businesses Sales, Financial and legal obligations
- Build and develop an open-communication environment within the team
- Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency leading to increased sales
- Manage UK team to achieve targets in line with Small Business go to market plan
- Manage the onboarding process for all new hires in the UK sales team with objective of also managing them to ramped target attainment based on when they are hired during fiscal year
- Proven work experience as a Head of Business Development Minimum 5 years experience – in a Technology business not necessarily PropTech
- Hands on experience with CRM software and MS Excel- good level of competency
- In-depth understanding of sales methodology; sales process and coaching to drive enhanced performance. Demonstrate an ongoing ability to evaluate the sales process to identify areas to fine tune.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills including ability to identify trends in sales cycles/engagements that can be used for coaching improved performance from team members. Organisationally be able to adjust team engagement and direction to deal with emerging trends/planned campaigns.
- Numerical abilities and problem-solving attitude. Be able to readily evaluate deal constructs and coach team members to address sales cycle challenges
- Educated to degree level (or minimum 5 years experience in the right business environment)
- This is a role (home office based but reasonable time to be spent in office)where you will be responsible for contacting prospective clients from pre-qualified leads to provide a demonstration of the company’s software service and complete the sales cycle including closing.
What you'll be doing
- Work in a fast-paced environment to acquire new customers, increase the revenue growth for the company, and make sure all aspects of a closed deal meet the requirements of both the client and the company.
- Ensure that the team run discovery calls and deliver effective online demos to new prospects.
- Understand each customer's unique needs and requirements.
- Coach the team to more effectively qualify prospects in/out of sales pipeline during the first call with a prospect.
- Provide oversight to to enable individual contributors to effectively manage a sales pipeline that may contain up to 100 opportunities at any one time over the course of each opportunity's sales cycle.
- Manage multiple stakeholders across the business, including but not limited to: Influencers; Users; Decision Makers; Budget Holders; Executive Sponsors; Procurement Personnel; Legal Staff; Security Teams.
- Work closely with the Customer Success Team to deliver trials and Proof of Concept projects with prospects.
- Provide guidance and coaching to help the negotiation of commercials.
- Manage team to drive demand generation; attain pipeline growth in line with monthly objectives and close sales to achieve annual and quarterly sales targets.
- Ensure the accuracy of leads and opportunities managed within the CRM solution.
Please get in touch: email@example.com