Are you being the best boss you can?
A good boss makes his men realize they have more ability than they think they have so that they consistently do better work than they thought they could. Charles Erwin Wilson
So what is a boss? This means that maybe you are the owner of a business or in charge of a whole team. You make the crucial decisions.
What is a leader? You inspire and motivate others by staying committed to the goals.
Can you tick all these qualities of a good Boss? Are you being the best boss you can?
- You communicate a clear vision. Employees come to work and want to do a good job and make a difference to their environment, team mates and goals.
- You set clear performance expectations that are achievable.
- You provide consistent leadership, feedback and expectations.
- You care about your employee as a person and their aspirations.
- You understand the power of negativity and look at every opportunity, whether good or bad as an learning opportunity.
- And, most importantly you are honest. You cannot foster trust in your employees if you are not honest.
At the end of the day, it is all on your shoulders. You make the final call. If you are a really good boss, could you employees tick the following:
- You ask if everything is ok. Maybe your employee is having a really bad day, think how good they might feel if you have taken the time to see them as a person.
- You know that what goes on in the office is not the end of a person’s day. Everybody has outside work pursuits. If you are a great boss, you will know this and encourage it.
- Make sure your employees are heard. From the bottom to the top, make sure everyone has a voice.
- Celebrate your employees small wins as well as the big ones. Acknowledge a job well done.
- Take the time to impart your knowledge. Slow down, teach what you can.
- Walk the walk and talk the talk. Lead by example.
- Invest in your employees and lead them to the opportunities they need to grow and become successful.